KFC

"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good." Minor Myers, Jr.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Long Lost Blog

I am sorry I have been neglecting you, poor blog! I haven't written in over a week, but I have some good reasons.

1) I wanted to give Charlie's post enough time for people in Indiana to see it and pass it along. Although, according to my nifty map to the left no one from Indiana reads my blog. (Sigh) However, someone who knows someone in Indiana could have helped spread the word, so I left it up for a while just in case.

2) My boss has been in town. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty to do when she's not here but I've always been a fast worker and without interruptions, let's just say I end up with time leftover that I use in other productive ways, i.e. blogging, cross-posting for dogs, etc.


3) My sister-in-law has been in town. Paul's 17-year-old sister, Lizanne, came and stayed with us for a week and, with Paul at the Architecture studio so much, I was left to entertain her. Although, I'm certainly not complaining -- she is a fun girl and I was really sad when she left. The dogs loved her and we had great time just hanging out.

4) I have been planning a fundraiser for the Humane Society; well, sort of just a personal fundraiser -- I don't have any volunteers or anything. Starkville has started having a farmer's/artisan's market on Saturdays called the Starkville Community Market and, since booths are only $10, I decided to set one up selling homemade dog treats with proceeds going to the shelter. This has turned out to involve way more than I initially thought, or maybe I'm just a perfectionist; either way, I was supposed to open this weekend but had to push it back a week because, with everything else going on, I couldn't get it all together in time.

I also really need a name for the "business" but cannot decide on one! I've gotten some good suggestions and here are the ones I like right now: "Bone Appetit" "Doggie Delectables" "Bellyrub's Doggie Diner" "The Barking Bakery"/"Happy Dog's Barking Bakery" Anyone, please feel free to send me more suggestions!


5) Oh yeah! AND it was Paul's and my first wedding anniversary! We went to eat at Anthony's Good Food Market in West Point where you can bring your own wine/liquor. We took the bottle of wine we had brought back from our honeymoon in Spain, ate some good food and then came home and hesitantly ate a bite of the top of our wedding cake. It was NOT good! But it was a good night overall -- very lowkey -- just our style.
Sooo... as you can see, dear blog, I have been a very busy bee, but I promise to not neglect you this long again!

No comments: