KFC

"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good." Minor Myers, Jr.

Monday, June 23, 2008

Baking = A Fantastic Workout!

I have been baking dog treats all weekend and my muscles are SO sore!! I am making three flavors -- cheese, peanut butter, and sunflower/mint (breath fresheners) -- and each $5 bag includes all three flavors. I had, at first, aimed at producing 100 bags... but, after my first couple of batches, I realized what a huge undertaking that was. So now I have cut it down to 25 and I'm hoping to sell all of them on Saturday.

I never knew how strenuous baking is though! Maybe it's because I've never been one to exercise, but all that kneading and rolling, etc. just exhausts me! I have found it very therapeutic, however, and would love to eventually turn this into a real business. I would be in perfect shape then!

I have really thrown everything I have into this. I think about it all the time and it's fun to have something to work on. Plus, it's a way to get the word out about the Humane Society. I have printed up information flyers to go in each bag and I have a "Did You Know?" sign with information for people who are just browsing and not buying. I also have pictures of some of the animals at the shelter and I am going to paste one to the front of each bag. Now, I'm just crossing my fingers for good weather and a big crowd at the Market!

More updates later this week...

No comments: